The right tools will help closet organization to be quick and easy. It is never any fun if the perfect purse cannot be found. Small closets or large closets it really doesn’t matter because they can all become a dumping ground.
How many of us constantly overlook the closet because the job seems impossible. These tips I’m sharing today will help this project to be manageable.
Decluttering is so important to have a working, visually organized closet. Too many clothes, purses, and shoes will end up being stuffed into the closet.
First steps to easy closet organization is go through all clothes and purge. If a shirt or pants have not been worn in 6 months get rid of it, then don’t buy more unless necessary. Use the extra spending money on a trip!
Quick Tips For Closet Organization
Organizing closets can be done quick and easy with the following tips:
- The first step is to group all sweaters together. Sweaters are bulky and take up a lot of space so grab a bin from the dollar tree and utilize it for sweaters.
- Sort out all sweaters. Separate all of the sweaters into two piles of dress or sport. Busy mornings will be more efficient to look in one place for all dress sweaters, and not have them mixed in with sport sweaters.
- Multiple colors of sweaters can easily be grouped by color. Outfits will come together a lot better if they are all in one place and organized.
- When choosing hangers buy ones that will be durable and necessary for the different types of clothing. Wood is preferable for most shirts because it is sturdy and holds them in place. Dress shirts, especially lace need to have satin hangers to protect and keep them from wrinkling.
- Keeping dress pants that have been ironed or drycleaned draped over a newspaper on a wire hanger keep them in place.
- Racks and hooks are great in the closet for purses. Purses need to be visible, organized and grouped together. When purses are hung neatly to one side it will help with the visual aspect of organizing.
- Declutter purses that are not used a lot, and if they are hung with newspaper stuffed inside this will help them keep their shape. Purses will last longer and look better if they hold their shape. Hopefully some of these quick and easy tips will help with getting the closets in your home functional and less stressful!
If you would like more tips and ideas on saving time, saving money, or saving your sanity please subscribe to my email list!