I am going to hand over some of my money saving tactics today through a few of the frugal hacks that our family currently uses.
We all like to save money, yet we don’t. We now have streaming for TV, pay as you go apps, delivery options for everything, car payments and the list goes on. Saving money sounds good. How to save money is the more important question. Living in a time where everything can be delivered to our door has changed how society looks at frugal living.
Taking our lunch instead of eating out, stop payment on unnecessary expenses, and many other frugal living hacks are quite common. Definition of frugal is to save money. Initiating frugal hacks into an existing habit allows flexibility. Flexibility by allowing us to enjoy these new services and options we have with boundaries. I am here with good news that it doesn’t take a depression era mindset to save money. Although, having that mindset will develop a money saving discipline like nothing else.
10 Frugal Hacks That Will Save You Money
All of our modern conveniences are great. Not all at once. Separating needs from wants is the first step. Our wants can be met, but the needs are priority. Once the needs are met we travel over in the budget to our wants.
- Add more fruits and vegetables to the grocery list and fewer snacks. That is a need versus a want.
- Meal prep a week of healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Cut out delivery service because spending more is easy.
- Meal Plan from items on sale.
- Decide on a per meal budget.
- Make a meal and double it to get leftovers.
- Take a vacation in the off season to save on costs.
- Purchase a streaming option such as Amazon Fire or a Roku to cut out cable.
- Purchase only one app on the streaming device.
- Shop around for the best cellphone and internet options.
Having all of these frugal hacks to choose from is a great. Implementing a less is more mindset is where it gets hard. Choices between what we want and what we need arise. Setting family goals will help with these frugal hack choices. Our family goals are to save money, be frugal, and create memories. Keep goals family goals at the top of the budget. Goals keep moms focused when the frugal lifestyle gets hard.
Disclaimer is too not try all of these hacks at once it will be too much. Begin with one frugal hack at a time. Balance is the idea in all new things we incorporate into our lives.
Share with me in the comments your best frugal hack, or visit me on my facebook page.