Fall is here and so is the brisk weather. So many fall activities to choose from keep families busy with fun. Hot cider, hot chocolate and s’mores are common at cookouts. Families can now eat outside without the attack of mosquitoes! The selection of fall activities is abundant and craft ideas are galore. There is so much to choose from and so little time. It will be really hard to choose from all of the selections but keep the kids busy outside this fall. Instead of electronics and Legos dominating lazy afternoons head outside or inside and start having fun!
Fun Fall Activities
- Apple picking at the apple orchard. This is always so much fun because kids love to climb the trees and explore. Afterward apple picking head home and make a few apple pies. Everyone loves apple pie. Be sure to share with the neighbors!
- Look up a local farm and orchards this time of year they are abundant with pumpkins, bouncy houses for the kids, pony rides, and much more. The cost is minimal for a full day of fun.
- Corn mazes are scary to me, but the kids love them. Some of them have scavenger hunts and a small prize at the end. The last corn maze we attempted as a family took us a full two hours to finish.
- Hikes in state parks allow for the kids to exert energy and creativity. Some parks even have animal or fall exhibits. Check the state park directory in your area to see what exhibits they have planned.
- Leaf raking can take so many directions. Throw the leaves in to a huge pile for leaf jumping, or arrange them to make a circle maze. Kids will have a lot of fun following the yellow leaf road!
- S’mores are such a tasty treat. Who doesn’t love to have a S’mores night? Evening cookouts are top of the list for fall activities. S’mores are top of the list for desserts. Add extra ingredients like blueberries and strawberries to make eating the s’more more fun. S’mores can even be made in the microwave.
What is on your list of fall activities for kids? Share your comments on our Facebook page!