Gas prices have went up again, along with grocery prices. To beat the costs that are constantly going up here are a few ways to save money in the summer:
Twenty Ways To Save In The Summer
- Cut your grass with a small push mower that doesn’t take as much gas. You will get double benefits of gas savings and exercise.
- Use a fan, or open your windows, instead of air.
- It stays light outside longer so turn off your lights
- Go for a walk instead of driving and using gas.
- Cook outside on the grill, don’t turn on the stove.
- Hang the laundry on the clothesline, save the dryer.
- gardening is exercise, pull some weeds or cut the grass
- Clean out your closets and cupboards, have a yard sale
- Save on your cable, sit outside and look at the stars at night.
- Set up a sprinkler for the kids to play in while you water the garden.
- Look up free activities in the paper. Pick up a free paper.
- Find a drive in movie and stock up on popcorn
- change the air filters from winter
- Eat healther from the grocery store, don’t buy junk food
- Plan a bike trip instead of a road trip
- Go to a fish fry or summer festival for dinner, save the difference from a restaurant meal.
- Skip dessert, eat summer fruit with fat free whip cream
- Cut your own pay someone
- Wash your own car, don’t go to a car wash
- Change all the lightbulbs in your home to energy efficient.
- Have a homemade day. Don’t buy anything or go anywhere. If you need to buy something try to make it, or do without it!
Many of the items on this list I implement into our daily routine. Even if I am saving pennies each day that is a savings toward my goal at the end of each month.
Work on putting that money in a specified envelope to see that actual savings. Track your bills and their fluctuation. A visual reminder of any savings is momentum to keep going!
Did I miss anything? Add to my list!