Let me start out by saying that less is more. All of the different bottles of shampoo, conditioner, kid shampoo’s, soaps, body wash etc. The list goes on and on. Simplify your bathroom. It makes cleaning the bathroom much easier…and doable.
Who wants to clean a bathroom with stuff all over it? Not me. When I cleaned for my clients I LOVED the people who had one bottle of something on their bathroom counter. It made cleaning so quick and easy. Definitely mind over matter. If it was a messy, cluttered bathroom I would wait until last to clean that room.
Trust me, if you purge and adapt to a less is more strategy for the bathroom it will take a load off of your mind. You will feel like cleaning it, you will feel like relaxing at the end of a long day with a hot bath, and you will feel less stressed. This is the time to not be quick. Enjoy the moment of quiet.
Organizing The Bathroom:
- Pick out some really cute baskets from thirty-one, online, or if you are cheap like me, at the dollar store. But they have to match and be various sizes.
- Group everything into quick sections. Example: makeup, lotion, face wash, perfume, and haircare. If you have more categories then maybe purge a category.
- Take EVERYTHING off of the bathroom counter and out of the shower. Put it all in the organizing bins. If it is empty or you haven’t used it in pitch it. If you don’t have a closet then put it under the sink. Leave only the toothbrush holder on the sink.
- Put only the body wash, razor, shampoo, and conditioner back in the shower. Hang your loofah’s from a command hook above the tub.
- Leave nothing on the floor but the trash can and rugs.
This should not take hours….15 minutes tops. Work quick and efficient. Don’t get too hung up on the content. If it takes longer then finish it up the next time you have a few minutes. Right now the last thing you need is another item to add to you “to do” list. Work on it as you go.
My bathroom closet shelves are organized (they do have a slight bit of clutter due to abundance of body spray at Christmas), but other than that everything has a place. Now, not all of my bins match because I decided to use up what I have. But as they break I replace them. Generally I stay with white because it goes with everything!
Follow me on Facebook to get resources for the frugal, efficient mom.